Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pete Seeger is the Nuclear God of Joy!

Did you see Pete Seeger, Bono, Seeger's Grandson, and an energetic kid choir on that HBO Inaugural Concert at the Lincoln Memorial? Pete led the crowd in a sing-a-long of possibly the world's greatest song: "This Land is Your Land" by Woody Guthrie. He included the best and oft not used verse which goes something like this:

As I was walking,
I saw a sign there,
And on one side,
It said no tresspassing,
And on the other side,
It said nothing.
That side was made for you and me!"

Pete glowed like the torch on the Statue of Liberty! He was as jubilant as the Nuclear God of Joy. And at the end of the song, he ran off the stage with a smile as big as all outdoors. The guy is 90 years old and he RAN off the stage.

I hope you're all singing something right now wherever you are.



Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Billy Canary said...

nuclear, nuculear, knuclear, gnuclear, nyucyuler, nookleer...
hep me, pleez hep me!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Bull Thorn said...

I agree. Awesome hat too.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

New Cluear.

snessore--simultaneous snore and sneeze

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home