Saturday, July 22, 2006

Bloe Hurricanoes!

If you agree with George Bush that global warming is fuzzy science, come to my house! It was 112 degrees Farenheit in Rio Nada today!

There were hurricanoe winds that made me think that our big sycamore tree was a yogini in a previous life. Or maybe a rubber tree.

The rain was going sideways and the thunder and lightening were clapping and flashing like an audience of exhibitionists at a Whoopee John Willfartz concert.

We lost power twice and the transformer on the telephone pole was spewing smoke. The fire department came and hosed it down, but had to leave in a hurry because there was a lightening strike around the corner. We were trying to figure out how much a fireman makes per hour.

The river bottom was burning near Limonite. This will most likely make a few bums mad.

All the neighbors congregated in the street as we are wont to do whenever we have a neighborhood episode of epic proportions such as this. Someone always busts out the beer.

The monkeys that live in the backyard across the street were a little edgy for awhile, but we threw them a couple of bananas and they got over it.

I walked my daily 2.5 when it was all over. Lotsa debris everywhere. That adobe house on Maplewood had two huge branches on its roof.

The smell after a storm is remarkable.

Don't forget to vote!

4 Comments:

Blogger Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

i think we're being punished for electing the stupidest man in the country twice.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Billy Canary said...

Oh Man! I forgot to mention the best part of the post-storm walk! And I'm not making this up. I was walking down Magnolia, near the end of my walk, said "hi" to two neighborhood kids I knew and as I walked on I looked down and there was a tiger swallowtail with perfect wings opened, lying on the sidewalk, dead. How the beast's wings survived that storm undamaged I do not know.

7:27 AM  
Blogger vivage said...

Waxing cosmic here: Maye the swallowtail wings survived intact to show that we can survive the elected stupidest man on earth who is dragging us into hell twice?

8:39 AM  
Blogger Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Yeah, but the swallowtail was dead.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home